Please, bear with us, this order system is a work in progress. As we all work together to make this system function smoothly, please help us by giving any feedback (scroll down to submit your comments).
Instructions for Pick-up
Be as specific as possible. Vague requests may result in incorrect items.
How does this all work?
1. Fill in your contact information, including name, member number, phone number, and email address.
2. Type the items you would like into the fields provided.
3. Make sure to fill in the quantity of items or the weight of the items requested.
4. If a substitution is okay, please type in the item for substitution. Note: if original item is unavailable and no substitution is listed, then then no item will be selected.
5. Write in any notes for the picker.
6. When you have added all items and notes for your order, hit ‘Submit’.
7. You will receive an email confirmation letting you know that your order has been received.
8. All orders received before 8:30pm, will be ready for pick-up the next day. Any orders received after 8:30pm, will be ready for pick-up the day after next, i.e. if you placed your order at 8:45pm on Wednesday, it will be processed for pick-up on Friday.
9. On the following day, once you receive an email stating “Your Order is Ready for Pick-up!”, feel free to pick up your order any time before 8:30pm.
10. All internet orders must be picked up at the Member Services Desk.
Important things to know
Order Pick-up is a benefit for The Food Co-op members only. More about Membership HERE.
Orders are picked in the order received.
Once an order is placed, it cannot be altered.
There is a minimum purchase of $50 per order. No value has been decided upon, at this point in time, but is should be high enough that it covers our costs.
We will always try to get the produce in a state you wish, but this may not always be possible. Requesting a ripe avocado will not guarantee that any avocados are ripe in the store.
We will do our best to get the weight requested of an item but expect some variation from the amount requested.
If we have to choose between going over the weight requested or under the weight requested, we will always choose for over the requested amount. This is to ensure you have enough for any recipes needed. For example, if you choose to have 2lbs of acorn squash, you may get 2.3lbs of acorn squash, rather 1.8lbs.
Bulk requests should be by weight, not volume. In other words, request .5lb of Jasmine white rice, rather than 1 cup of Jasmine white rice.
We will apply any in-store coupons if they are available.
Use the Notes section to communicate any additional information to picker.
We will email you when your order is ready.
Orders will need to be picked up no later than 8:30pm. All orders not picked up by 8:30pm will be cancelled (unless other arrangements have been made?).
Sale Prices: Sale prices change on Wednesday. Since items ordered on Tuesday are actually processed on Wednesday, any items that were on sale when your order was placed, may not be on sale when you pick them up. On the other hand, items that were not on sale when you placed your order, may be on sale when you pick them up. (I am not sure how to navigate this one, as the above statement doesn’t really seem fair or helpful.)
Keep in mind that produce prices can change at any time.
Alcohol can be purchased, but you must be ready to present proper ID upon request.
No hot bar items allowed.
No half price produce.
Due to the complexity of WIC orders, we cannot take WIC orders through our pick-up system.
Is there a charge for this service?
No. At this time, this service is free.
Why can’t I see prices and/or a total for my order?
This is in the works, but not available at this time.
If I place my order at 8:45pm, is there any way I can still get the order the next day.
I received a confirmation email stating that my order had been received, does that mean it is ready to be picked up?
No, this just means that the internet worked and we received your order. Your order is ready for pick-up when you receive an email stating “Your Order is Ready!”
What if there is a mistake on my order?
Hang on to your receipt and the product and make note of the mistake. We can amend the error on your next visit to the Co-op.
What if I receive an avocado that is rotten inside?
Same answer as above, just hang on to your receipt and we can amend it on your next visit.